A and S keys stop working, only a restart fixes it

When I’m using my laptop, sometimes the A and S keys on the keyboard randomly stop working. The only way to temporarily fix it is to restart the computer. I restart the computer, the keys work perfectly for a few days, then suddenly they just stop working 90% of the time. For example I can press the “A” and “S” keys about 50 times and the computer registers them only four or five of those times as opposed to, well, 50 times.

I don’t think it’s a debris or loose wiring issue because I don’t think a restart would be fixing the it if that’s what it was. But for good measure I removed the keys and checked. There was no debris, dirt or dust underneath them but I still cleaned around just to be sure, it didn’t help.

Only a restart fixing it tells me it must be a software issue but then again, if it were a software issue, wouldn’t all the keys be affected, not just A and S? But it can’t be a hardware issue either because how would a restart fix loose wiring or debris? I’m stumped.

I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing the keyboard driver, it didn’t help. The keys worked fine for a few days but they stopped working again.
Updating the keyboard driver doesn’t help, it says it’s already up to date.
All the latest Windows updates are installed.
I didn’t make any software or hardware changes around the time this issue popped up.

eka marawadakne A ekayi S ekayi witharada wada nathe?

Ooo

මටත් ඕක වෙනවා. (Spacebar, B, N වැඩ කරන්නේ නැතුව යනවා) කාලෙකට විතරයි ඕක වෙන්නේ, කරන්න දෙයක් නැති නිසා ඔහේ ඉන්නවා…

keyboard eka wenas karoth hariyaida

වෙන්න පුළුවන්. Keyboard PCB එකේ අවුලක් නිසා ඔහොම වෙනවනම් හරි යයි…

ekathama ne

mageth nm spacebar wada ne, game gahalama

What A Nice Thing :no_mouth:

eka thama. keyboard replacement ekak thama dn karanna wenne… tnx

1 Like

:smiley:

external keyboard ekk use krnn wenw laptop key board wl klyk yddi ohm leda enwa

1 Like

hari giyada

1 Like

Ow dan hari. Thanks komlo

1 Like